Terms and Conditions for OurChurch.Comís
"Spread the WWWord!" Partnership Program
This document will be available for viewing on-line. It is highly recommend that you print a copy for your records.
For the purposes of this document, you, the participant in the Spread the WWWord partnership program will be referred to as Participant.
General Purpose. The general purpose of the Spread the WWWord partnership program is to reward Participant for referring people to use OurChurch.Comís website service and to advertise with OurChurch.Com. The Participant will promote OurChurch.Comís services in accordance with the methods described in this document and OurChurch.Com will pay the Participant a percentage of advertising space generated and revenue generated from Participantís referrals.
OurChurch.Com-Participant Relationship. Participant may refer to himself or herself as an "OurChurch.Com partner," "independent partner," or "OurChurch.Com Spread the WWWord participant." Participating in this program by no means makes Participant an employee of OurChurch.Com. Participant is not permitted to claim, imply, or otherwise give the impression to anyone that Participant is an employee of OurChurch.Com.
Permitted Promotional Strategies. Participant may promote OurChurch.Comís services through any of the following means:
- Website Ė Participant can promote OurChurch.Com through their website. Text descriptions, OurChurch.Com graphics, and links to OurChurch.Comís website are encouraged
- Email Ė Participant may email people he or she knows. If Participant operates an email list or e-newsletter where the people on the list have specifically requested to receive email from Participant, Participant may promote OurChurch.Com to the people on that list.
- Printed Materials Ė Participant may use any printed materials provided by OurChurch.Com. Participant may also create their own printed materials, however, every printed document developed by Participant must be specifically approved by OurChurch.Com
- Verbally Ė Participant is encouraged to promote OurChurch.Comís services in conversations with family, friends, and other acquaintances.
- Advertising Ė Participant may promote OurChurch.Com through banner advertising, link exchanges, banner swaps or other forms of advertising. The cost of any such advertisements is born by Participant.
Disallowed Promotional Strategies. Participant may not promote OurChurch.Comís services by any of the following means. If any of these policies are violated, Participantís participation in this program may be terminated immediately and all advertising and/or monetary rewards forfeited.
- Unsolicited Email (SPAM) Ė Mass emails to people that Participant does not know and have not specifically requested to receive email from Participant are not allowed.
- Unapproved Printed Materials Ė Participant is not permitted to create his or her own promotional materials and use them without OurChurch.Com's specific approval of every document.
- Incentives - Participant is not permitted to refund, rebate, or otherwise compensate anyone as an incentive to register as their referral.
Information and Tracking. OurChurch.Com will provide all of the tracking and storing of data related to Participantís referrals. OurChurch.Com will credit Participant with a referral anytime a new client indicates they first learned of OurChurch.Com through Participantís promotional efforts. OurChurch.Com will provide real-time on-line information and statistics on the free website, premium option payments, and advertising payments made by Participantís referrals.
Tracking Deficiencies. OurChurch.Com will make a good faith effort to provide accurate tracking of referrals through software well as by requesting referral information in registration forms. However, tracking technology is not perfect. It is possible that some people may disable the part of their browser that is required for software tracking of referrals. It is also possible that people browsing may not indicate Participant referred them when registering for services. OurChurch.Com will not beheld responsible for referrals not credited as a result of the limitations of the technology available or inaccurate entries made by the people referred.
Qualifying Referrals. Participant will not receive credit for any referrals made prior to registering for the partnership program.
Participant will receive credit for referring himself or herself but will not receive a percentage of the revenue for the first of each premium option paid for. To clarify, the first time Participant adds any premium option to a website they will not receive the 20% referral fee, but for the second website and each additional website after the second to which they add that same premium option they will be credited with the referral fee.
Discontinued Services. OurChurch.Com reserves the right to disable or discontinue any websites or advertisers that violate their agreements. If this occurs, Participant will cease to receive monetary or advertising compensation for that referral.
Promotional Materials. OurChurch.Com will provide Participant with a variety of promotional materials. Sample text, graphics, and HTML that Participant may use on their website will be provided. Participant may only use promotional materials created by OurChurch.Com or specifically approved by OurChurch.Com.
Compensation. OurChurch.Com will provide rewards for Participants referrals as follows:
Free Website Service. For every website that is built as a result Participantís referral, Participant will receive 20% of the banner advertising space. OurChurch.Com will provide a means for Participant to set-up the banner ad(s) to be displayed in this space.
- Participantís banner ads will be rotated in with OurChurch.Comís advertising only on those sites which the Participant refers. For example, if Participant refers a site that receives 100 page-views a day and a second site that receives 200 page-views a day, every 5th banner shown on each of these sites will be one of the Participantís. That would result in Participantís banner(s) being shown 20 times a day on the first site and 40 times a day on the second site, and 0 times on any other websites hosted by OurChurch.Com
- Participantís ads will begin to be shown on newly referred sites immediately after they are created.
- If Participant fails to upload and designate a banner to be used to fill Participantís advertising space, that space will be forfeited until such time as the Participantís banner advertising is set-up.
- All banners are subject to OurChurch.Comís approval. Participant will not be permitted to run banners that promote anything that is considered offensive, unethical, illegal, or contrary to Christian beliefs, this includes but is not limited to gambling, alcohol, and sexually suggestive material.
- Participant is permitted to fill his or her advertising space with ads from a banner exchange or advertising network, however, Participant must be able to control the content of the banners being displayed. Participant is not permitted to use any banner exchange or advertising network that cannot guarantee that the standards described above will be met.
Premium Website Options. OurChurch.Comís basic website service is free, but website owners may upgrade to a premium hosting package or ad the Ad-free option. If a premium hosting package or Ad-free option are added to a website referred by Participant, Participant will be credited with 20% of the revenue generated from the sale. Referral fees will be credited when payment is received.
Other Services. Participant will be rewarded at a 10% rate for any search marketing services, custom design services, or advertising referrals made. Participant is not required to know all the details of these services or sell a specific service. Rather if an individual, organization, or company contacts OurChurch.Com to inquire about advertising and indicates it was at Participantís recommendation, Participant will be credited with a 10% referral fee when payment is received from that advertiser.
Payment Details. Participantís current balance will be available to be viewed on-line. Participantís balance will be paid quarterly when the balance exceeds $50. If a partnerís earned balance does not exceed $50, the balance will be rolled into the next quarter.
Cancellation. Participant is free to cancel participation in this program at any time through an on-line cancellation form. Cancellation is effective immediately. Cancellation will result in the forfeiture of any current balance owed to Participant by OurChurch.Com as well as any future advertising or monetary referral compensation that might have been earned as the result of referrals made by Participant.
Amendments. OurChurch.Com reserves the right to amend this agreement at any time. Participant will be given 30 days notice to any changes in this agreement and will have the option to cancel participation in the program should Participant not agree to the amended terms.
The Internet. The Internet is neither owned nor controlled by any one entity; therefore, OurChurch.Com can make no guarantee that any given user shall be able to access the servers on which its software operates at any given time. OurChurch.Com represents that it shall make every good faith effort to ensure that its servers are available as widely as possible and with as little service interruption as possible.
Limited Liability.Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall OurChurch.Com, its officers, agents or any one else involved in creating, producing or distributing OurChurch.Com's service be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, the OurChurch.Com service; or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to "acts of God", communication failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to OurChurch.Com's records, programs or services.